Kapenga comfortably wins 99th Assembly
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in, including those within the Village of Hartland.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said that he has many projects that he’ll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he’s currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
“I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I’m hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past. I’m disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don’t see anyone doing anything about these problems except
letting them get worse,” Hibbard said.
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc
- Football: Pirates finally find win column, down Tosa West
- Golf tournament to benefit Wisconsin Parkinson Association