Arrowhead grad posts first blog from Africa
In August, we wrote about Arrowhead High School's recent graduate Marisa Comeau-Kerege's big trip to Africa.
Today, she posted her first blog titled "Adjustsments" from Senegal and she writes about her transition from Stanford University to Senegal's capitol, Dakar.
Comeau-Kerege is traveling through Global Citizen Year, a corps-type program that recruits and trains graduating seniors in service and leadership.
In her blog, she writes, "This isn’t our 'perfect' little world anymore. This isn’t our culture. This isn’t what I expected. I realized quickly that I really hadn’t prepared myself for this year at all."
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)