Experience German Christmas traditions in Oconomowoc
Organizers of the city's inaugural German Christmas Market have been hard at work the past few weeks readying the downtown attraction that will be open Thanksgiving weekend.
A miniature village has been cropping up on the city's Village Green at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue. The event will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23.
Twenty-five wooden European chalets will house vendors, a concert stage will have musicians rotate to entertain market-goers and children can take photos with Father Christmas with a portion of the proceeds donated to Hurricane Sandy relief.
Outside the market, Wisconsin Avenue will shut down and a 50-foot movie screen will run a reel of holiday movies while the downtown merchants offer holiday specials, carriage rides, carolers and more.
For more information, visit www.GermanChristmasMarket.org
Watch for more on this story in Tuesday's Oconomowoc Focus.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)