Arrowhead wears down Memorial
The Arrowhead boys basketball team entered the final quarter of Friday night's crucial Classic 8 Conference battle tied at 41-41, but the Warhawks were able to get the best of Catholic Memorial in the final 8 minutes and pulled away for a 65-56 win.
Now at 4-0 on the year, Arrowhead hit three 3-pointers early in the fourth, including two from Dom Todarello and one from Kenny Finco. The Warhawks opened the final quarter on a 15-4 run to put the game in hand.
The Warhawks trailed by as many as 10 points in the first quarter, when Catholic Memorial used a 10-0 run. Arrowhead's first lead didn't come until 3:30 remained in the third quarter when Ricky Finco hit the second of consecutive 3-pointers -- part of the team's eight total makes from beyond the arc.
Kyle Keranen continued his steady play and finished with 16 points. Todarello scored eight of his 10 points in the final quarter, Billy Hirschfeld added 10 and Ricky Finco had 8.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event