'Battle of the bells' tomorrow in Mukwonago
The Police and Fire departments will be facing off in a charitable "battle of the bells" from 3 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Mukwonago Walmart on Wolf Run.
The Salvation Army will place red kettles outside both entrances; one will be manned by Police Department personnel, and one by Fire Department personnel in a challenge to see who can collect more donations.
In the spirit of good-natured competition, police officers have said they would hand out baseball cards in an attempt to sway the contest their way, according to Julie Cooper, representing the Salvation Army.
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Oct. 5 benefit to help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (1)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event
- Merton Town Board delays decision on garbage contract
- Donate and save on Pewaukee homecoming game ticket