Pewaukee girls downed by Pius
In what could very well turn out to be a perennial struggle between two of the best teams in the Woodland Conference, league newcomer Milwaukee Pius went on a 13-0 run in the first half and never looked back in a 49-36 win over the Pirates at PHS on Friday.
Lindsay Wisnewski closed the game with a flourish for the Pirates, scoring the final 8 points of the game for either side and finishing with 12 of her 14 in the fourth quarter. Her final basket was a 30-foot heave as time expired, but the Lady Popes had already done enough damage.
Facing a quick Pius squad, the Pirates committed 25 turnovers and gave up 16 offensive rebounds. Pewaukee, without a senior in the rotation, nonetheless boasts a 5-2 record, while Pius improved to 7-1.
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (1)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event
- Merton Town Board delays decision on garbage contract
- Donate and save on Pewaukee homecoming game ticket