Threat at Arrowhead means tighter security
Arrowhead High School is planning additional security measures after a rumor surfaced about a potential threat at the school on Friday.
According to a letter sent to parents, administrators became aware of the rumor on Dec. 18. School officials and the Waukesha Sheriff’s Department have investigated and have determined there is no indication that this is a credible threat. The district has also been in contact with a neighboring school district, which is dealing with a similar rumor/threat to occur on the same day.
The Waukesha Sheriff’s Department and the Hartland Police Department have been involved in reviewing the matter.
As we don’t know the source of the rumor, please take the opportunity to discuss this concern with your child. If your child has reliable information, he/she should report it directly to the school’s administration or Deputy Pete Freyer, school resource officer.
School will be open, the letter noted.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)