Oconomowoc Police Chief: Roads clear now, but could get icy later
Town of Oconomowoc Police Chief James Wallis said that town roads were clear and it appeared that county roads were cleared off around 10 a.m. on Thursday.
Wallis said that weather in the area currently is a mix of rain and snow creating slush on the roads.
"Right now the roads are fine. They're salted, but the rain can wash the salt off the roads and then if the temperature drops, we worry about ice," he said.
The chief suggested that people stay home.
He said icy roads, high winds and snowy conditions are anticipated later today. So far, he said no accidents have been reported, "but that could change within minutes. I encourage people to stay home," said the chief.
- Parents at odds over potential Eagle/Mukwonago school merger
- Garage fire causes damage to North Prairie home
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc