Mukwonago's 20-0 run too much for KM to overcome
The Kettle Moraine boys basketball team held a 15-8 lead after the first quarter against host Mukwonago on Friday, but the Indians scored the first 20 points of the second quarter and took a lead that held in the 59-46 Indians victory.
Mukwonago moved to 9-1 overall and 5-0 in the Classic 8 Conference, tied for first place with Arrowhead. The Lasers fell to 6-3 (2-3).
Beck Chase delivered 8 first-quarter points for the Lasers to help his team take the early lead, but A.J. Bricco catalyzed Mukwonago's big run. He hit a pair of 3-pointers, scored on a fast break and turned that basket into a 3-point play, and also made a sharp pass to Dominic Cizauskas (17 points) for another bucket. Bricco finished with 12 points.
Aaron Nixon, who also hit a pair of 3-pointers in the second quarter, finished with 17 points for the Indians, including a buzzer-beating basket in the third quarter. The Lasers battled back to within 13 points by the final horn but never closer, burdened by a 38-17 rebounding disadvantage.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event