Germantown girls upset Arrowhead
Germantown's girls basketball team handed Arrowhead its first loss with a 66-60 outcome at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee on Saturday.
GT forced 35 turnovers thanks to its up-tempo, mass-substitution offense but still had to fight off a late rally. Arrowhead overcame a 10-point deficit after three quarters and tied the game at 58-58 with 2:48 to play on an Ally May basket, but Amy Flasch scored her only basket of the game in response, and Germantown never trailed again.
Bridget Kelley scored 16 points for Germantown, and Taylor Higginbotham scored 13, including six on three straight baskets in the third quarter as Germantown built its advantage. Kelly Smith scored 21 for Arrowhead, including the first two baskets of the second half as Arrowhead quickly turned a 35-32 deficit at halftime into a 42-39 edge.
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)