Officer involved shooting disarms 31-year-old in Town of Delafield
A 31-year-old man was injured when a Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy shot him at a Town of Delafield home this afternoon, according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department.
Deputies responded when a resident called 911 to report the man was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun. The caller reported that the shotgun was loaded and was discharged in the residence.
Deputies at the scene made contact with the man, who had the shotgun inside the residence. After repeated demands to drop the weapon, a 22-year veteran deputy of the Sheriff’s Department shot and wounded the man. The man was disarmed and was transported by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
This incident is being investigated by the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department.
Check here for updates.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)