Names released in shooting incident
A 22-year-veteran of the Waukesha Sheriff's Department has been placed on administrative leave in the wake of a shooting.
Michael Doud, 52, was among deputies who responded to a home at N4 W31808 Twin Oaks Drive in the town of Delafield at about 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, in response to a 911 call. The caller stated that a 31-year-old man, Justin Ebbe, was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun. There were two other family members in the home at the time.
Ebbe failed to put down the weapon after deputies repeatedly ordered him to do so, according to the Sheriff's Department. Doud shot and injured Ebbe, and he was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital, where he remains this afternoon.
This incident remains under investigation by the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department.
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Oct. 5 benefit to help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (1)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event
- Merton Town Board delays decision on garbage contract
- Donate and save on Pewaukee homecoming game ticket