Names released in shooting incident
A 22-year-veteran of the Waukesha Sheriff's Department has been placed on administrative leave in the wake of a shooting.
Michael Doud, 52, was among deputies who responded to a home at N4 W31808 Twin Oaks Drive in the town of Delafield at about 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, in response to a 911 call. The caller stated that a 31-year-old man, Justin Ebbe, was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun. There were two other family members in the home at the time.
Ebbe failed to put down the weapon after deputies repeatedly ordered him to do so, according to the Sheriff's Department. Doud shot and injured Ebbe, and he was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital, where he remains this afternoon.
This incident remains under investigation by the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department.
- Parents at odds over potential Eagle/Mukwonago school merger
- Garage fire causes damage to North Prairie home
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc