18-year-old woman arrested for sending sexually explicit messages
According to the police complaint, Rebecca S. Roraff, 18, allegedly sent explicit text and Facebook messages to four girls, the youngest 14 and the oldest 16, between Nov. 1 and Jan. 14. One of the girls told police the defendant allegedly used various aliases, including James Lavine, Jamieson and Kaine Lavine, asking the girls for nude photographs and propositioning them for sex, the complaint reads.
Roraff was identified as the alleged culprit based on subpoenas of the text message used by the person identifying as Lavine, according to the complaint. The IP address tied to the Lavine Facebook account was also allegedly traced back to the defendant’s residence, 340 Morris St., apartment 6 in the Village of Pewaukee, the complaint reads.
Roraff was arrested and various computers and cellphones were recovered. The defendant allegedly told police she created the Facebook account to “test her boyfriend,” and later changed the account to a male name, the complaint reads. She asked one of the girls for nude photographs, “to see what kind of girl [she] was,” she allegedly told police in the complaint.
Roraff faces up to $10,000 in fines and/or imprisonment up to three and a half years if convicted of exposing a child to harmful descriptions and may be fined up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment of 90 days for disorderly conduct.
Roraff’s charges were filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court. Roraff’s next scheduled court date is Jan. 28.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)