Man leads police on chase in Pewaukee, Waukesha
Police are seeking charges against a 19-year-old Milwaukee man who they say led them on a wrong-way chase on Highway 164 in the City of Pewaukee early Wednesday.
A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy attempted to stop a vehicle at about 1:39 a.m. as it drove the wrong way on Highway 164 at Tower Place. The vehicle fled south on Pewaukee Road at 60 mph to 80 mph., according to the Sheriff's Department.
The driver -- the only person in the vehicle -- drove through two red lights and lost control of the vehicle and struck a utility pole on Pewaukee Road near Buena Vista Avenue in the City of Waukesha. The chase lasted about 2.7 miles.
The Waukesha Fire Department transported the driver to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and released.
The City of Waukesha Police Department assisted the Sheriff's Department with the incident, and is completing the accident investigation.
Police are seeking charges against the man of eluding an officer.
- At odds over Eagle property detachment
- Garage fire causes heavy damage to North Prairie home
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc