Man leads police on chase in Pewaukee, Waukesha
Police are seeking charges against a 19-year-old Milwaukee man who they say led them on a wrong-way chase on Highway 164 in the City of Pewaukee early Wednesday.
A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy attempted to stop a vehicle at about 1:39 a.m. as it drove the wrong way on Highway 164 at Tower Place. The vehicle fled south on Pewaukee Road at 60 mph to 80 mph., according to the Sheriff's Department.
The driver -- the only person in the vehicle -- drove through two red lights and lost control of the vehicle and struck a utility pole on Pewaukee Road near Buena Vista Avenue in the City of Waukesha. The chase lasted about 2.7 miles.
The Waukesha Fire Department transported the driver to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and released.
The City of Waukesha Police Department assisted the Sheriff's Department with the incident, and is completing the accident investigation.
Police are seeking charges against the man of eluding an officer.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event