DA: Officer was justified in Town of Delafield shooting
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy was justified in shooting a suicidal man in a home in the Town of Delafield on Jan. 8, under a ruling by District Attorney Brad Schimel.
Officers who were called to the scene found Justin Ebbe with a shotgun aimed at another family member. Deputy Michael Doud ordered Ebbe to drop the weapon, but when he failed to do so, Doud shot and disarmed Ebbe.
Ebbe was airlifted to Froedtert Hospital, where he was treated and has since been released. Charges have not been issued.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)