Hamilton boys drop first game of year
Sussex Hamilton and Wisconsin Lutheran battled in a fantastic boys basketball game at Wisco on Wednesday, with the Vikings handing Hamilton its first loss of the year with a 51-48 overtime victory.
The Chargers held for the final shot in regulation and had a crisp rebound look at the basket that rimmed off, leaving the game tied at 41-41. The teams traded blows in the overtime, with Wisco leading by three with 19 seconds to play when Brady Ellingson was fouled shooting a 3-pointer.
Ellingson made 2 of 3, but Brett Buehler stole the inbound from Wisco and gave the Chargers one more chance. But a turnover with 4 seconds to go gave the ball back to the Vikings, who hit two free throws (17 of 19 for the night) with 2.3 seconds left. Hamilton's full court play did not yield a final shot.
The Chargers fell to 14-1, while Wisco improved to 11-3. Ellingson had 24 points for Hamilton.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- ProHealth Care joins new statewide network
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)