Helen Farnsworth Mears Art Show in Pewaukee
The Woman’s Club of Pewaukee is sponsoring the 2013 Helen Farnsworth Mears Art Show and Contest on Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Pewaukee Public Library, 210 Main St.
A reception honoring the participants will be in the Community Room from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The show will be open to the public during library hours through Saturday, Feb. 16.
Participating schools are: Asa Clark Middle School, Pewaukee; Kettle Moraine Middle School, Dousman; Prairie Hill Waldorf School, Pewaukee; Queen of Apostles School, Pewaukee; St. Anthony on the Lake School, Pewaukee; St. John's Northwestern Military School, Delafield, and St. Joseph’s Middle School, Waukesha. The judge will be art professor, Mrs. Nancy Mitchel.
First-, second- and third-place winners are eligible to participate in the district contest this spring. Rolling Hills District Helen Farnsworth Mears Contest for Southern Wisconsin, this spring. First-, second- and third-place winners at the district contest will be eligible to compete in the state contest. The 12 winners from state will have their work on display at the Oshkosh Public Museum during the summer.
The Pewaukee Area Arts Council and Woman’s Club of Pewaukee will give addition awards to students. For more information, call club members Susan Goldstone, (414) 861-5447, or Ruth Harken, (262) 691-2665.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (1)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event