Dad allegedly supplied kids with pot
Joel Jamieson, 39, Hartland, admitted he and his wife smoke pot and that they turn a blind eye to their children smoking pot, according to a criminal complaint filed in Waukesha County Court.
Jamieson is charged with a felony count of maintaining a drug trafficking place and misdemeanors for possession of a controlled substance after police found drug paraphernalia and Suboxone in his home on Imperial drive according to the complaint.
According to the criminal complaint filed Feb. 6, Hartland Police searched Jamieson’s home at 861 Imperial Drive, on Sept. 4, 2012 after obtaining a search warrant based on a tip that he supplies pot to his kids and their friends.
Jamieson admitted to police he, his wife and children use marijuana according to the complaint. It says Jamieson said he and his wife smoke marijuana everyday and that he and his wife, “turn a blind eye to our children smoking marijuana,” because they would rather use the drug close to home so he knows where they are and they don’t get into other problems, the complaint states.
He denied he sells marijuana to his kids or their friends stating his kids have to use their own money to buy their own marijuana states the complaint. Jamieson said he has a prescription for the Suboxone and police asked him for proof of that, reads the complaint.
He is charged with a felony count of maintaining a drug trafficking place and two misdemeanor counts of possession of paraphernalia and a controlled substance. His initial appearance is Feb. 18 and he faces more than $10,000 in fines, driver’s license suspension and more than three years in jail.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- ProHealth Care joins new statewide network
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)