Cold weather closings, delays in Pewaukee
The Village of Pewaukee's village hall will remain open today during regular business hours. Trash pickup in the village will be delayed later this week, scheduled for Saturday pickup instead of Friday.
City of Pewuakee Administrator Tammy LaBorde said that the Monday night Common Council meeting has been canceled. City Hall will stay open, though, during regular business hours. Trash pickup will also be delayed by a day, later this week.
The Pewaukee Joint Library will also be open only until 3:00 p.m. today.
Of course, all Pewaukee School District schools are closed today, Monday Jan. 6 due to the extreme weather conditions. A Tuesday decision has not yet been announced.
"First and foremost, we make decisions regarding school cancellation based on safety. We do not want children waiting for buses in the extreme cold. We rely extensively on information from the National Weather Service to make school closure decisions," Pewaukee Superintendent JoAnn Sternke said in a letter to parents.
District families will receive a phone call via School Messenger message if school is canceled. A message could come as late as 6:00 a.m. on the day of a potential school closure. The district will also notify television and radio stations regarding possible school closure and will also update the district website.
Visit LivingLakeCountry.com for more cold weather updates.
- At odds over Eagle property detachment
- Garage fire causes heavy damage to North Prairie home
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc