Try tai chi for free Saturday
The Mukwonago Athletic Club will offer a free one-hour introductory tai chi class at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11. Marlynne Hodges, a certified instructor of the Tai Chi for Health Institute will provide the class. A six-week class will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18.
The health benefits of tai chi include increased flexibiltiy and muscle strength, greater fitness, correct body posture, integration of body, mind and spirit, improved flow of internal energy (chi). Tai chi may increase focus and decrease feelings of stress and depression integrating the mind. This program is also supported and recommended by the Arthritis Foundation.
Members and nonmembers are invited. Attendees should arrive by 10:45 a.m. RSVP to the Mukwonago Athletic Club at (262) 363-2212.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event