Sheriff looking for missing Merton teen
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is asking for help locating a missing teen from the Village of Merton. Sonja M. Tomasicyk, 14, was last seen around 4 p.m. Thursday at her home.
She is described as about 5-feet, 8-inches tall, 150 pounds, has long brown hair to about the middle of her back and brown eyes.
She was last seen wearing blue jeans, an unknown color long sleeve shirt covered by a dark grey sweatshirt, a puffy style winter coat, black fuzzy boots and a velvet patchwork purse with colored patterns and flowers.
According to a news release from Lt. Brian Larson, there are indications she left her home on her own free will. "We currently are not considering this as an abduction," he said.
If you have seen Sonja or have any information to her whereabouts, contact the Waukesha County Communication Center at (262) 446-5070.
- Volunteers needed at Delafield Fright Hike
- Learning opportunity on poverty set for volunteers
- Kettle Moraine School District chosen for national network of districts committed to innovation
- Walter Kolb dedicated life to Waukesha County politics
- Hartland woman charged with drunken driving in crash that injured five
- Parents at odds over potential Eagle/Mukwonago school merger
- Garage fire causes damage to North Prairie home
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee