Preliminary hearing set for Shawn Witt
Shawn Witt appeared briefly in court today, in chains and surrounded by baliffs.
Shawn Witt has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide, accused of killing his 60-year-old father, James Witt, at their shared home in Summit.
Witt, 27, has also been charged with narcotic drug possession, two counts of misdemeanor theft, two counts of violating a restraining order, and two counts of misdemeanor bail jumping.
Attorney Anthony Rosario appeared with Witt, who requested that a preliminary hearing be scheduled for Feb. 7 at 3 p.m. Circuit Court Judge Jennifer Dorow will be presiding.
His cash bond has been set at $1 million and he remains at Waukesha County Jail.
- Parents at odds over potential Eagle/Mukwonago school merger
- Garage fire causes damage to North Prairie home
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc