Does Big Bend know what it's gotten into with cemetery?
Residents have raised concerns that the Village of Big Bend may be in over its head after it took over operations of the Rural Home Cemetery.
The cemetery, off Highway L in Vernon, has had two complaints filed with the state Department of Safety and Professional Services. The DSPS has declined to provide the newspaper with copies of those complaints, saying they are under investigation, and releasing them could jeopardize the investigation and ultimate resolution of the issues.
Residents at a recent Village Board meeting said there are conflicts over who owns certain plots in the cemetery, and even who is buried where.
Read more in this week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Technical bumps. Bear with us!
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- House fire in Pewaukee
- Football: Pewaukee leaves no doubt against Pius
- Football: Mukwonago ends Arrowhead win streak
- Decorated ex-police officer gets 9 years for bank robbery (14)
- Football: Arrowhead rides another late-scoring drive to beat Catholic Memorial
- Football: Suns snap losing streak against Oconomowoc
- Football: Pirates finally find win column, down Tosa West
- Golf tournament to benefit Wisconsin Parkinson Association