Body found in Ixonia cornfield
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department is investigating an incident in which a deceased female's body was found in a cornfield at about 12:20 p.m. Saturday, March 29.
A passerby contacted the Sheriff's Department after seeing something out of the ordinary a short distance off the road in the area of North Road, about six-tenths of a mile south of Highway CW. The driver investigated the object and called the Sheriff's Department to report discovering the body.
The Sheriff's Department has requested an autopsy by the Jefferson County coroner. The department also requested help from the state Department of Criminal Investigation to process the scene, as well as the Jefferson County Emergency Communications volunteer group.
Jefferson County has notified other law-enforcement agencies of the ongoing investigation to assist in obtaining other leads or information on missing persons that might help in identifying the body.
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Oct. 5 benefit to help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (1)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event
- Merton Town Board delays decision on garbage contract
- Donate and save on Pewaukee homecoming game ticket