Highway 83 contsruction news in Village of Wales updated
The village of Wales just received information from the state Department of Transportation that they will be temporarily closing West Criglas to traffic.
The closure is necessary due to steep grade changes between the existing roadway and the new roadway elevation once the binder layer of asphalt is placed. Without this closure it will be difficult for traffic to safely traverse the intersection.
The contractor plans to close the intersection on Thursday, June 19, in advance of paving operations slated to begin on Friday, June 20. With the rain, it could be put off by one day. The closure will be for two to three weeks.
Traffic will be able to access West Criglas via Welsh and Taliesin roads.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)