City of Pewaukee Police dispatched for gunfire, turns out to be paintball gun
City of Pewaukee - Police were dispatched to a report of gunfire near Highway 164 and Watertown Road early this evening to find the gunshots were actually paintballs.
A neighbor called the police on a 38-year-old man at 5:30 p.m. tonight for gunshots, but when police responded they found the man shooting paintballs into a cardboard target at an apartment building located just southwest of the Highway 164 and Watertown Road intersection.
"It was a big nothing," said Sgt. Gene Wilbur. The neighbor mistook the paintball gun for a real gun, he said.
Four officers responded to the incident.
- Nature's Classroom project moves out of holding pattern
- Oconomowoc man allegedly threatened to kill his girlfriend while drunk
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of YMCA properties (2)
- Prairie View Elementary in Mukwonago School District joins ranks of National Blue Ribbon schools
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (2)