Marcus buys Sussex film-buying, booking firm
Marcus Theatres announced Monday it has agreed to purchase MESCOP Inc., a Sussex-based film buying and booking business.
Under the agreement, Marcus Theatres will perform film buying services for 14 exhibitors with 75 screens at 20 locations in three Midwestern states. Milwaukee-based Marcus Theatres currently books films for its 687 owned and managed screens, as well as an additional 146 screens operated by other owners.
MESCOP was founded in 1971 by Fred Florence. The company is operated by his son, James Florence, who will retire upon completion of the sale. The purchase is expected to close before year end. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Waukesha County jailer charged in child porn investigation
- Benefit on Sunday in East Troy will help 2-year-old cancer patient
- Football: Arrowhead can't engineer more last-second magic
- Teen collects gifts for troops instead of birthday presents (2)
- Eleven-year-old Pewaukee girl narrowly escapes adbuction
- Proposed Waukesha County budget keeps property taxes flat (1)
- Waukesha County authorities apprehend wanted man (2)
- Oconomowoc police to host another drug drop off event
- Merton Town Board delays decision on garbage contract
- Donate and save on Pewaukee homecoming game ticket