Magee principal heads to Germantown School District
Four years after stepping into the role of principal at Magee Elementary School Maria Kucharski has taken a position closer to home at the principal at Amy Belle in Colgate, in the Germantown School District. While Kucharski will end her role as Magee principal at the end of June, she will remain with the Kettle Moraine School District as the Summer Academy Director.
"Four years ago I went through three rigorous and unique interviews and accepted the position of elementary principal at Magee Elementary. Little did I know that over the next few years I would be provided with some of the most exceptional learning and growing opportunities, and that I would work for and with some of the most talented educators I have ever met," Kucharski said in her resignation letter.
Kucharski's decision stemmed from a desire to not only be closer to home, but to also focus solely on her role as principal and a return to graduate school to obtain her curriculum license.
"Magee Elementary is fortunate to have dedicated, passionate and gifted staff members who genuinely care about the students they serve. We are equally fortunate to have parents and community members who support the purpose and vision of our school and who help to make Magee a great place for children to grow and learn," Kucharski said in her letter. "I thank the Kettle Moraine Schools, the teachers and staff … for embracing the charge of transformation, remaining positive in difficult political times, and making a difference for all children. It has been a privilege to work for and with all of you and I hope our paths will continue to cross in the future."
According to Superintendent Pat Deklotz, the process to find the next principal for Magee is under way.
"She is an outstanding educator who will be missed. Although there is no one quite like her, we are in the process of finding the next member of our district's leadership team and educational leader for Magee Elementary," said Deklotz.
- Village of Summit residents will have small uptick in taxes
- Fire department changes mean lower budget in North Prairie, but levy will increase because of drop in assessed value
- Police release victim's name in fatal village of Summit crash
- Kettle Moraine School District enjoys lower tax rate for 14-15: Kettle Moraine district enjoys lower tax rate for 14-15
- Andrew Lemke of Dousman killed in car wreck
- Preps Alcove: With season on line, coaches going for it all
- Kettle Moraine school board member relocates, opens spot for interim member
- Kettle Moraine School District earns three awards for communication
- Town of Ottawa expected to adopt 2015 budget
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic