Website wins national awards
LivingLakeCountry.com, the Web companion to your local newspaper, has been judged a national winner in the Suburban Newspaper of America 2010 contest.
LivingLakeCountry.com was judged the Best Overall News Site by SNA for nondaily newspapers with a circulation of 100,000 or less. This is the second time in three years that LivingLakeCountry.com has earned this award.
The judges liked a lot about the site: "We are excited with the amount of current, local information available throughout the site. The different community portals allow users to get to their local information while still being able to access information from their surrounding communities. The site is easy to navigate and user-friendly."
In addition, LivingLakeCountry.com and its Rummage Router tool won a first place for the Best Advertising Initiative. The interactive tool allows viewers to pick their rummage sales on a map and then plot their own course online to go to multiple destinations.
"The ability to plan a route for rummage sales is innovative. This is likely an easy up-sell for rummage sale listings in the classified section online. The router is intuitive and easy to use," the judges said.
The site also was a runnerup for Best Blog Initiative. "We are pleased to see community bloggers along with staff throughout the site. The organization of the site is refreshing and is easily navigated by users," judges said.
The judges' comments echo what are readers are saying, according to Editor-in-Chief Scott Peterson. "We have had double-digit percentage increases in page views and unique visitors compared to a year ago. We believe that is a sign that our site has a lot to offer our readers. The judge' comments are wonderful affirmation of that increase in traffic," he said.
Peterson credited Cynthia Luksich and the entire staff at Lake Country and Mukwonago Publications for their contributions in making the site so compelling.
LivingLakeCountry.com is the companion Web site for the Living family of newspapers, which include the paid newspapers Lake Country Reporter, Mukwonago Chief, Oconomowoc Focus, Kettle Moraine Index and Sussex Sun, and the papers inserted into the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Kettle Moraine Sunday and Lake Country Sunday.
- Cast on at the Kettle Moraine High School first knitting club
- Holiday brings change for village of Wales garbage pickup
- Village of Wales Gulf War veteran to march in Washington, D.C., Memorial Day parade
- Camping on learning through inquiry at Dousman's St. Bruno School
- In Brief, May 19, 2016: Trivia, veterans, Shorehaven and rare disorder
- Waukesha County panel approves funds for study examining regional fire department consolidation (1)
- North Prairie man dies after motorcycle/car crash in Mukwonago (2)
- Kettle Moraine High School senior receives National Merit Scholarship
- Alumni recognized as Kettle Moraine High School trailblazers
- Locals on this weekend's Honor Flight