Charges issued after crash on Highway 59
A Waukesha man is facing charges for allegedly driving with a revoked license and causing a crash that left one man dead and another injured at about 6 a.m. Oct. 30 on Highway 59 near Highway 83 in the Town of Genesee, according to the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department.
Leonard Miller, 54, of Muskego died at Froedtert Hospital on Oct. 31 after suffering serious injuries when his Pontiac Grand Am was rear-ended by a GMC Envoy driven by Ernesto Lazo Villamil, 35, of Waukesha, according to the criminal complaint filed Oct. 31 in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Investigation into the cause of the crash is ongoing, but preliminary reports indicate that Lazo Villamil rear-ended Miller's vehicle, which had been waiting to turn left near Generac. The force of Lazo Villamil's GMC Envoy hitting the Pontiac pushed the vehicle into oncoming traffic, causing the Grand Am to collide with a Lincoln Towncar driven by James Webber, 57, from the Town of Mukwonago. The Envoy burst into flames upon impact. Lazo Villamil was able to escape the vehicle and the crash without any injuries, according to court documents.
Miller was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital. Webber was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital via ambulance, where he was treated and released.
Lazo Villamil was previously convicted of driving with a revoked license and drunken driving, according to online court records.
- Ottawa's April Plan Commission meeting cancelled
- In brief: book sale, waterpark passes
- Golden Anchor liquor license delayed by town of Delafield board
- Engineering education deepens with flexible schedule for Kettle Moraine students
- WisDOT will hold public Highway 67 meeting on March 26 at Kettle Moraine Middle School
- Highway 83 construction to begin this week
- Kettle Moraine High School Drama Club brings Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' to stage
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'
- Old Delafield town hall likely to be repurposed for storage space
- Voters to decide between incumbent or challenger for village of Dousman president