Donna Lexa Memorial Art Fair returns to Wales on Saturday
Outdoor fair held along bike trail
Village of Wales - Bicyclists and art lovers will share the Glacial Drumlin State Bike Trail in Wales on Saturday, Aug. 18 for the Donna Lexa Memorial Art Fair. The annual juried art fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. along the bike trail in Wales. More than 60 artists will exhibit watercolor, sculpture, jewelry, glass, pottery, photography and other fine arts and crafts.
The day's events include children's activities, a silent art auction, used book sale and a live entertainment. Food and beverages will be available for purchase, including Texas-style smoked beef brisket sandwiches, brats and hot dogs.
Entertainment: 9 a.m. Stan Markus, classical guitar; 10, Company CO2, show tunes by Robin LeClaire, Roberta Prospeck, Rob Carroll and Cathy Pacquette; 11, Big Kenny "N" 3D; noon, Vaughn Family Band, vocals and instrumentals; 1 p.m., White Linen, old classics sung by Robin LeClaire and Donna Rooney; 2, Jeff Leonard, vocals with guitar; 3, Eric Kanter, guitar.
Celebrating its 16th year, the art fair is sponsored by Jerusalem Presbyterian Church in memory of Donna Lexa, who helped disabled and elderly people reach their full potential through her work as an art therapist. The event will be held rain or shine, and admission is free. To reach the art fair site, take I-94 to Highway 83 and go south three miles to Main Street.
For more information, call Pam MacArthur at (262) 853-0808 or visit www.donnalexamemorial artfair.org .
- Romanowski appointed to Kettle Moraine School Board
- Push to simplify recycling hits Waukesha County
- Event organizers: Christmas in Wales about community
- Final road update for 2014
- Dousman Elementary recognized at Packers game
- Cold slows Wales road work
- City of Delafield debates up-the-drive waste service
- Kettle Moraine senior's Eagle Scout project links Waukesha nonprofit, landlord
- Eagle Lions collecting for troops on Pearl Harbor weekend
- Wildlife in Need Center holds open house