Dousman Elementary earns $1,000 for healthy living through NFL Play 60
Kettle Moraine School District - Dousman Elementary School has been chosen to receive $1,000 to support its Fuel Up to Play 60 initiative. Dousman was selected from several schools that applied for funding across the state to implement healthy nutrition and physical activity improvements.
Dousman's Fuel Up to Play 60 student team will use the money to increase awareness of and access to nutrient-rich foods (low-fat and fat-free dairy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains) and physical activity opportunities for students. Funding for this competitive program was provided by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board through Wisconsin's dairy farmers.
Fuel Up to Play 60 is an in-school nutrition and physical activity program that encourages youth to consume nutrient-rich foods and get at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
This is Dousman Elementary's second year participating in Fuel Up to Play 60. To kick off this year's program, Dousman Elementary's Fuel Up to Play 60 team hosted an "Are You In?" pledge to health event inviting the entire student body to join them in a pledge to "Eat Healthy. Get Active. Make a Difference!"
"Tammy Moore and I are thrilled to have students stepping forward at Dousman Elementary who want to make a difference in their school," said Sue Lytge, Fuel Up to Play 60 co-adviser. "The peer-to-peer approach has proven effective in spreading healthy messages through the school and the funding will allow our student team to make a big difference at Dousman Elementary," added Lytge.
- Kettle Moraine High School's focus remains on literacy
- Three pillar residents craft for a cause
- Highway 18/83 intersection in Wales will close for roadwork next week
- Google Classroom rolls through Kettle Moraine schools
- Sidewalks, bridge railing will be installed along Highway 83 in Wales: Sidewalks, bridge railing up next
- Wales News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Dousman-Ottawa News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Kettle Moraine Index News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Delafield-Nashotah News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Kettle Moraine Chronicle News: Oct. 16, 2014