Feeling lucky? Visit Casino Night at Delafield Library
The Friends of the Delafield Public Library are hosting a Casino Night from 6 to 10 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Delafield Brewhaus to raise funds for the library's teen and children programs.
"It will be an evening of fun, food and gambling for a good cause," said Carol Reise-Schouten, vice president of the Friends of the Delafield Public Library. "There will be poker, craps, roulette and blackjack. And, whether you're an experienced gambler or not, the dealers will help you along to play."
The $50 per person ticket cost will include hot hors d'oeuvres all evening, as well as food pairings with Delafield Brewhaus beer samples, and a dessert bar.
"The ticket also includes $1,000 in gambling chips to play with throughout the evening," said Reise-Schouten. "And there will be many great raffle prizes and silent auction items to bid on as well."
The silent auction items include the use of Sen. Herb Kohl's Bradley Center luxury box for an Milwaukee Admirals or Mustangs game, a horseback riding birthday party from Equitate, a full estate tour for 10 people at Ten Chimneys, an 18-hole golf outing for four at Paganica Golf Course, a free monthly loaf of bread for a year from Great Harvest Co., a 2011-12 Green Bay Packers autographed football, Milwaukee Bucks tickets, and many gift certificates from local businesses, such as Craig Berns Salon, Fishbone's and Gary's Auto Repair.
"Also, the winner of the most chips by the end of the evening will be awarded a special gift card," Reise-Schouten said.
This support in prize donations from all the local businesses emphasizes the important role the library has in the community, she said. "The Delafield Library has always been much more than books," Reise-Schouten said. "Through its many educational and social programs, the library has been a place that brings people together. And we hope everyone will come out to Casino Night to support this wonderful community asset."
The Friends of the Delafield Public Library is a volunteer group of library patrons that help support and promote the library.
Ticket can be purchased at the Delafield Public Library, 500 Genesee St., or online at www.delafieldlibrary.org.
A limited number of tickets will also be available at the Delafield Brewhaus, 3832 Hillside Drive, on the evening of the event.
- Ottawa's April Plan Commission meeting cancelled
- In brief: book sale, waterpark passes
- Golden Anchor liquor license delayed by town of Delafield board
- Engineering education deepens with flexible schedule for Kettle Moraine students
- WisDOT will hold public Highway 67 meeting on March 26 at Kettle Moraine Middle School
- Highway 83 construction to begin this week
- Kettle Moraine High School Drama Club brings Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' to stage
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'
- Old Delafield town hall likely to be repurposed for storage space
- Voters to decide between incumbent or challenger for village of Dousman president