Generac acquires Ottomotores
Company to pay $46 million cash for firm
Generac Holdings Inc. announced Nov. 20 that one of its subsidiaries has signed a definitive share purchase agreement to acquire from a subsidiary of TT electronics plc all of the shares of Ottomotores UK Limited and its affiliates. This includes the operations of Ottomotores Mexico and Ottomotores Brazil, (collectively "Ottomotores") for $46.5 million in cash, subject to certain closing net asset adjustments.
Founded in 1950 and headquartered in Mexico City, Ottomotores Mexico is a leading manufacturer of power generation equipment in Mexico and other parts of Latin America. Ottomotores Brazil, located in Curitiba, recently entered the Brazilian market and has been steadily gaining traction in one of Latin America's fastest-growing markets. The combined Ottomotores businesses have more than 500 employees and generated revenues of $81.6 million in fiscal 2011.
"Ottomotores is a terrific strategic fit for Generac's business, providing immediate scale for our international expansion efforts," said Aaron Jagdfeld, president and CEO of Generac. "This acquisition is directly in line with our Powering Ahead strategic plan and positions Generac to participate in the significant global market that exists for commercial and industrial backup power generation by offering products tailored to the needs of customers in individual international markets."
The acquisition provides a platform for future growth in additional markets outside North America through Ottomotores' broad product offering of higher output power products and strong, established distribution network.
"With both companies having a long history in their own markets and deep expertise in the backup power generation business, we believe that there are many synergies and opportunities to grow with the combination of these companies," said Francisco Haro, managing director of Ottomotores Mexico.
"We are looking forward to working closely together with such an experienced management team to create a formidable backup power generation company serving global markets," said Jagdfeld.
After the close of the transaction, Ottomotores' management team will continue to lead the company and Generac will maintain the Ottomotores brand name in the market place. It is expected that the transaction will close before the end of January 2013 pending receipt of all customary and required regulatory approvals. The combined companies will employ more than 2,800 people globally.
- Delafield continues debating signs in shopping centers, multitenant facilities
- Tennyck takes on executive director role of Family Promise of Western Waukesha County
- Waukesha County residents warned about computer scams
- KM students chosen as Presidential Scholar Candidates
- Viral social media post causes traffic overflow at Lapham Peak event (3)
- Wales/Genesee's Morris steps down after 42 years fighting fires
- Kettle Moraine schools roll out new websites
- Reel World: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' 02/03/16
- Learning without Boundaries, Jan. 28, 2016: Dousman Elementary students get heart healthy
- State wants to control Highway 18 access, could bring in more roundabouts (3)