Generac CEO named Entrepreneur of the Year
Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld is the recipient of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year 2012 Award in the manufacturing category in the Upper Midwest.
According to a press release from the company, "the award recognizes outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities." The award was presented to Jagdfeld during a gala on June 14 at the Marriott City Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
"It's an honor to have been selected for this award," Jagdfeld said. "The manufacturing sector is experiencing a strong rebound in the United States. I'm proud to be a part of a company whose entrepreneurial spirit is helping lead growth in this important part of the economy."
As an Upper Midwest award winner, Jagdfeld is now eligible for consideration for the National Entrepreneur of The Year 2012 Award.
Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National Entrepreneur of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif., in November. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, the nation's most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
In its 26th year, the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has honored the inspirational leadership of such entrepreneurs as Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com, Michael Dell of Dell Inc., Herb Kelleher of Southwest Airlines, Fred Smith of FedEx, Larry Page and Sergey Brin of Google, Richard Schulze of Best Buy, Andrew Mason of Groupon, Mindy Grossman of HSN Inc. and Reid Hoffman and Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn.
- Delafield voters face many local contests
- Search for town of Genesee toddler has happy ending
- Hwy 83 construction team begins excavating next week
- Ottawa's April Plan Commission meeting cancelled
- In brief: book sale, waterpark passes
- Golden Anchor liquor license delayed by town of Delafield board (1)
- Engineering education deepens with flexible schedule for Kettle Moraine students
- WisDOT will hold public Highway 67 meeting on March 26 at Kettle Moraine Middle School
- Highway 83 construction to begin this week
- Kettle Moraine High School Drama Club brings Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' to stage