Kapenga retains seat
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- Kettle Moraine students move from tasks to experiences
- Dousman woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Pre-order native plants for Retzer's spring sale
- Citations pending in four zoning violations in town of Ottawa
- Kettle Moraine students send Valentine's Day wishes
- Delafield okays new restaurant liquor license
- Wales on the look out for coyotes following a sighting in the village
- The Kettle Moraine Education Foundation' trivia night is learning without boundaries for all
- St. Paul School in Genesee Depot ready to offer a 3-K program in 2015-16
- KM Explore's annual spaghetti dinner is on February 20th