Kapenga retains seat
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- News briefs: Oct. 30, 2014
- Chromebooks at hand and fired up at Kettle Moraine Middle School
- Roadwork in Wales culminates with roundabout at Hwys. 18 and 83
- In Brief: Town of Genesee officials review zoning code
- Students devour the wonderment of fall
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- Kettle Moraine High School's focus remains on literacy
- Three pillar residents craft for a cause
- Highway 18/83 intersection in Wales will close for roadwork this week
- Google Classroom rolls through Kettle Moraine schools