Joel Kleefisch to serve fifth term in 38th District
Rep. Joel Kleefisch said there were a few tense moments as the votes came in for his race to retain the 38th Assembly District. However, Kleefisch did prevail with about 20 percent of the vote to serve his fifth term. The district covers part of Summit.
His biggest challenger, Democrat Scott Michalak said despite the loss, he will hold his head high.
"We worked our tails off, we went to the hidden voters and this truck driver can hold his head up high," Michalak said.
When asked to comment on Tuesday's results in the senate and presidential races, Michalak said he's happy Obama was re-elected. He said that he's unsure if he will run in two years, and added that the people of America are hurting and the manufacturing industry needs a boost.
"I'm hopeful that President Obama does what he said he will do and work with both sides of the aisle," to address the nation's debt, Kleefisch said.
Kleefisch said he is honored and humbled to be able to continue to represent the 38th Assembly District and to "continue to make sure Wisconsin lives within its means."
The incumbent gained some new territory with redistricting and said he plans to continue to get to know those areas. "I will represent all constituents whether they voted for me or not," he said.
Joel Kleefisch 19,153
Scott Michalak 12,774
Leroy Watson 784
- Ottawa's April Plan Commission meeting cancelled
- In brief: book sale, waterpark passes
- Golden Anchor liquor license delayed by town of Delafield board
- Engineering education deepens with flexible schedule for Kettle Moraine students
- WisDOT will hold public Highway 67 meeting on March 26 at Kettle Moraine Middle School
- Highway 83 construction to begin this week
- Kettle Moraine High School Drama Club brings Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' to stage
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'
- Old Delafield town hall likely to be repurposed for storage space
- Voters to decide between incumbent or challenger for village of Dousman president