KM students survey their peers with Google forms
Fifth-graders at Dousman Elementary are going Google in a big way.
Students in all of the fifth-grade classrooms have been learning how to create and respond to Google forms. Google forms can be used by teachers and students for all sorts of learning. Teachers can use forms to get to know their students better, for spelling tests, comprehension questions and reading logs. Forms also work great for collecting information that is important to students like what food should be served at a class party.
Students in Stephanie Obermyer and Amy Winter's fifth-grade class have been using Google forms to assess the success of their learning in math. At the end of a math unit, students are answering questions through Google forms that help them reflect more deeply on their learning.
"Google forms have enabled my students to dive deeper into their assessment so that they are more critical of their learning and reflective of their choices and needs as a learner," said Obermyer.
In Lisa Vasquez's fifth-grade classroom students are exploring Google forms to collect data on a variety of questions from their fellow students. Vasquez's students created a form asking students' opinions around a survey question.
These questions were emailed to other fifth-grade student's individual email accounts where they will take the surveys. The resulting authentic data will be organized, analyzed and represented visually by the class.
"I love how the Google tools have enabled students to access each other to gather and share information easily," said Vasquez.
Fifth grader, Mitch Krueger said, "Google forms have never worked better for an assignment. It's so cool how all I have to do is add a few questions and it creates a form."
- In Brief: Town of Genesee officials review zoning code
- Students devour the wonderment of fall
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- Kettle Moraine High School's focus remains on literacy
- Three pillar residents craft for a cause
- Highway 18/83 intersection in Wales will close for roadwork this week
- Google Classroom rolls through Kettle Moraine schools
- Sidewalks, bridge railing will be installed along Highway 83 in Wales: Sidewalks, bridge railing up next
- Wales News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Dousman-Ottawa News: Oct. 16, 2014