KM students survey their peers with Google forms
Fifth-graders at Dousman Elementary are going Google in a big way.
Students in all of the fifth-grade classrooms have been learning how to create and respond to Google forms. Google forms can be used by teachers and students for all sorts of learning. Teachers can use forms to get to know their students better, for spelling tests, comprehension questions and reading logs. Forms also work great for collecting information that is important to students like what food should be served at a class party.
Students in Stephanie Obermyer and Amy Winter's fifth-grade class have been using Google forms to assess the success of their learning in math. At the end of a math unit, students are answering questions through Google forms that help them reflect more deeply on their learning.
"Google forms have enabled my students to dive deeper into their assessment so that they are more critical of their learning and reflective of their choices and needs as a learner," said Obermyer.
In Lisa Vasquez's fifth-grade classroom students are exploring Google forms to collect data on a variety of questions from their fellow students. Vasquez's students created a form asking students' opinions around a survey question.
These questions were emailed to other fifth-grade student's individual email accounts where they will take the surveys. The resulting authentic data will be organized, analyzed and represented visually by the class.
"I love how the Google tools have enabled students to access each other to gather and share information easily," said Vasquez.
Fifth grader, Mitch Krueger said, "Google forms have never worked better for an assignment. It's so cool how all I have to do is add a few questions and it creates a form."
- Barn art quilts rural scenes near Dousman
- In brief: School workshops planned by parents group
- KM Global students explore the business behind the ballpark
- Village of Wales caucus sends four to spring election
- Village of Wales' sewer project underway
- Digital tools personalize learning in Magee Elementary gym class
- Preserving memories at All Saints Lutheran scrapbooking crop: Group meets monthly at All Saints Church, Wales
- A champion in the world of Irish dance
- More than just global read aloud
- Contest in Delafield's 1st district