KMHS brings futuristic Macbeth to stage
William Shakespeare's "Macbeth" will be performed at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9 and 10, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at Kettle Moraine High School, 349 Oak Crest Drive, Wales.
"Macbeth" tells the tragedy of a Scottish war hero, tempted by three witches to gain power for himself.
KM Drama students will stage "Macbeth" as a futuristic, science-fiction dystopia: light sabers and ray guns instead of swords, a journey into cyberspace instead of ghostly apparitions and android assassins instead of paid criminal murderers.
Playing the part of Macbeth is junior Zach Sharrock, Lady Macbeth played by Taz Kaldhusdal, Macduff played by sophomore Titus Muzi, Malcolm played by sophomore Ben Platz, and the three witches are played by Sophia Tzougros (junior), Sara Johnson (junior) and Jen Murray (sophomore).
Community members are invited to attend.
Tickets may be purchased at the box office, $8 for adults and $6 for seniors and students. Call (262) 968-6200 for more information.
- Town of Ottawa adopts $1.16 million budget: The 2015 budget is down 0.6 percent compared to this year
- News briefs 11/27/14: Car hits school bus during snowy conditions
- Cushing Elementary’s Star Council glows with young leaders
- Kettle Moraine Explore students learn through experience at Nature's Classroom
- Dousman welcomes Santa to town and residents back to the business area
- Road work continues in Village of Wales
- Village of Summit residents will have small uptick in taxes
- Fire department changes mean lower budget in North Prairie, but levy will increase because of drop in assessed value
- Police release victim's name in fatal village of Summit crash
- Kettle Moraine School District enjoys lower tax rate for 14-15: Kettle Moraine district enjoys lower tax rate for 14-15