KMHS brings futuristic Macbeth to stage
William Shakespeare's "Macbeth" will be performed at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9 and 10, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at Kettle Moraine High School, 349 Oak Crest Drive, Wales.
"Macbeth" tells the tragedy of a Scottish war hero, tempted by three witches to gain power for himself.
KM Drama students will stage "Macbeth" as a futuristic, science-fiction dystopia: light sabers and ray guns instead of swords, a journey into cyberspace instead of ghostly apparitions and android assassins instead of paid criminal murderers.
Playing the part of Macbeth is junior Zach Sharrock, Lady Macbeth played by Taz Kaldhusdal, Macduff played by sophomore Titus Muzi, Malcolm played by sophomore Ben Platz, and the three witches are played by Sophia Tzougros (junior), Sara Johnson (junior) and Jen Murray (sophomore).
Community members are invited to attend.
Tickets may be purchased at the box office, $8 for adults and $6 for seniors and students. Call (262) 968-6200 for more information.
- Krueger resigns from Kettle Moraine school board
- Magee Elementary students are reading to research while writing a resource
- 'Lazarus Effect' can't survive its resurrection theme
- Kettle Moraine students move from tasks to experiences
- Dousman woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Pre-order native plants for Retzer's spring sale
- Citations pending in four zoning violations in town of Ottawa
- Kettle Moraine students send Valentine's Day wishes
- Delafield okays new restaurant liquor license
- Wales on the look out for coyotes following a sighting in the village