KMHS brings futuristic Macbeth to stage
William Shakespeare's "Macbeth" will be performed at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9 and 10, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at Kettle Moraine High School, 349 Oak Crest Drive, Wales.
"Macbeth" tells the tragedy of a Scottish war hero, tempted by three witches to gain power for himself.
KM Drama students will stage "Macbeth" as a futuristic, science-fiction dystopia: light sabers and ray guns instead of swords, a journey into cyberspace instead of ghostly apparitions and android assassins instead of paid criminal murderers.
Playing the part of Macbeth is junior Zach Sharrock, Lady Macbeth played by Taz Kaldhusdal, Macduff played by sophomore Titus Muzi, Malcolm played by sophomore Ben Platz, and the three witches are played by Sophia Tzougros (junior), Sara Johnson (junior) and Jen Murray (sophomore).
Community members are invited to attend.
Tickets may be purchased at the box office, $8 for adults and $6 for seniors and students. Call (262) 968-6200 for more information.
- Town of Delafield eyes old town hall as potential cold storage
- Makerspace Movement coming to Dousman Elementary
- Wildlife In Need Center in Ottawa to hold annual Groundhog Day celebration
- Head 'Into the Woods' with Kettle Moraine Perform this weekend
- Kettle Moraine School District plans to stick with Common Core: District likes the rigor of standards
- Helping ‘tons and tons of people’ with Eagle Scout project at Lapham Peak State Park
- Barn art quilts rural scenes near Dousman
- In brief: School workshops planned by parents group
- KM Global students explore the business behind the ballpark
- Village of Wales caucus sends four to spring election