Jane Lazynski will run after all for Delafield Common Council
Delafield alderwoman changers her mind
City of Delafield - Alderwoman Jane Lazynski, who last month said she was not seeking re-election, has changed her mind and is a write-in candidate for the Third Aldermanic District.
The Third District includes downtown residential neighborhoods and business districts as well as some neighborhoods along the southwest shore of Lake Nagawicka. The district was created in the 2012 redistricting of the Common Council as a result of the 2010 U.S. Census.
Former Alderman Erv Sadaowski, who represented the district for nearly a decade, was moved from the Third District into the Second District because of the remapping of districts. Lazynski, a downtown business woman, was elected to the new district in April 2012.
In December, she said she had too many other obligations to run for re-election.
But this week she said she has changed her mind after she discovered there were no candidates seeking the position.
"I read in your newspaper on Jan. 7 that no one was running in the district. After the newspaper story, several constituents and some other citizens asked me toreconsider," she explained.
Lazynski said she plans to wage a door-to-door campaign in the district telling voters she is a write-in candidate. She said she will have additional announcements about her write-in campaign shortly before the April 2 election.
Lazynski notified City Clerk Gina Gresch shortly before Christmas that she did not intend to seek re-election.
However, no one in the Third District submitted candidacy petitions for the Common Council seat by the Jan. 5 deadline.
Gresch explained that unless someone launched a write-in campaign, the Common Council would have to either appoint someone or call for a special election.
- Kanter, Dundon bow out of Delafield town government after 20 years
- Summit Police Officer Dan Supple retires after 34 years on the job
- Kettle Moraine fourth-graders learn about significant Wisconsinites
- Curbs, traffic switchover expected for Highway 83
- All Saints rummage raising funds for Tanzania health clinic
- Rain delays Highway 83 construction
- In brief: national teacher certification, scholarships, more
- In brief: blood drive, DryHootch program
- In brief: annual town meeting in Delafield, boat launch grant
- In brief: "Sound of Music"