Wales students share their thoughts on what love means
Valentines' Day is a day to show your love to those close to you. But what is love? These were the questions posed to some students at Wales Elementary School. While some looked forward to Valentines' Day for the extra candy connected to the holiday, they share thoughts on love.
What is love?
"Love to me is family and friends. I show love with my family, I hug them." - Gabrielle Tzougroz, fourth grade
"Love is to let someone you know love them by giving them a gift or doing something nice." - Lexi Strickland, first grade
"Love to me is like someone playing with me or having fun with me. I show love to my family member by hugging them." - Cole Greco, second grade
"Love is family and friends and love is about caring for others and being kind to them, not mean, not shoving just caring if they fall down you pick them up." - Brandon Tobias, third grade
"Love to me is caring about somebody with your heart and through your heart." - Gabrielle Koenig, fourth grade
"Love to me is not like giving someone presents or flowers but by actually showing them that you care for them and love them … probably with hugs and homemade cards instead of bought cards." - Eleni Tzougros, fifth grade
"Love for me is having someone care for you and helping you out when you feel sad and lifting your spirits." - Ryan Ferguson, fourth grade
How does love feel?
"It feels really happy when you're in love 'cuz it feels like you're going to be with whoever you're in love with a lot." - Lexi Strickland, first grade
"Love feels like when you feel happy inside, you never feel upset you feel great and you always feel cheerful and you always want to be right by their side. It feels like you never want to leave them until they die and you always know they will be right near you and you feel that they are really special. Love is really important." - Sophia Tosh
How do people show love?
"Love is when you really talk about someone a lot and when you give a lot of things to them." - Lexi Strickland, first grade
"Sometimes if you give them chocolate and roses and all that I don't really think that is how you show love. I think how you show love is when you really care for them when they are having an upset day you are there for them and you help them." - Leah Weis, fifth grade.
What is your favorite part about Valentines' Day?
"My favorite part about Valentines Day is eating candy and I especially like it in my class 'cuz we have like 43 kids in my class so I'm going to get a lot of candy." - Cole Greco, second grade
"My favorite part about Valentines Day is that the day before that is my dog's birthday." - Brandon Tobias, third grade
"(Mom and dad) giving lots of kisses to me." - Grace Pitrowski, kindergarten
Why is love important?
"Love is really special because you love someone a lot and it's really special that you love that person even if they are a little bit mean to you, you should still love them." - Lexi Strickland, first grade
- Learning without Boundaries, Nov. 26, 2015: Dousman Elementary families enjoy a cardboard challenge
- Judge: prison for woman who stole $21,000 from bank customers, climbed through ceiling for drugs
- Dousman residents to see tax hike due to Main Street project
- Summit homeowners see slight increase in taxes
- Westbrook Church apartment project could face hurdles in Delafield
- Communities react to Farrow's shared fire/EMS service idea across Waukesha County (1)
- Dewberry leaving Family Promises of Western Waukesha County after more than two years of service
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Wales Elementary FLL team talks trash — how to reduce trash
- Learning without Boundaries, Nov. 19, 2015: Kettle Moraine High School of Health Sciences students learn from experiences in community