New eatery means Delafield Square is full
Mexican restaurant will share former grocery store space
City of Delafield - The Steinergroup, downtown Delafield's largest landlord, has now fully leased Delafield Square, the multistory mixed residential and commercial building that fronts Genesee Street between Wells and Main streets.
Hispania, a Mexican-style restaurant, will specialize in house-made quesadillas, tortillas and other traditional Mexican dishes, and is expected to open in May. It will occupy 601 Genesee St., which is the southern half of space in the building that was formerly occupied by three different grocery stores.
The grocery stores all served as anchors for the commercial mall that took up the first of three floors in the building built by developer Bob Lang in the early and mid 2000s. The remaining two floors were condominiums.
"Our leasing strategy has always focused on new, exciting ideas that would bring enthusiasm to a growing downtown Delafield. Hispania is a perfect addition to quite the eclectic tenant mix," said Jason Steiner, president of the Steinergroup.
"With an opening expected in early May, Hispania will be working vigorously over the next few months on building at the space, fine tuning the menu and adding an experienced staff," Steiner said.
Hispania will joins Elements East, a furniture store, In Step Running, an athletic shoe store, and Oliva Di Vita, a gourmet food shop, in the building, which is now fully leased, according to Steiner.
There had been three unsuccessful grocery store ventures near the center of the Delafield Square since it was built by Lang. The former grocery store space will now be divided between Hispania and Elements East.
- Dousman Derby Days begins this weekend
- Doering Open supports AngelsGrace Hospice and ProHealth cancer services
- Video: Kettle Moraine students fly high with 'Mary Poppins'
- Summit moves ahead on land buy
- Mulvey, Dahl take to stage for SummerStage show
- Delafield praises life savers
- Gutschenritter ends his Assembly race
- Delafield reviewing planner options
- North Prairie looking for recommendations for civic award
- Reel World: 'The Secret Life of Pets' July 13, 2016