Nu Attitude brings attitude of helping The Women's Center
Fundraiser Sunday in honor of Azana victims
Village of Wales - Nu Attitude Salon and Spa owners Dawn Boesel and Pam Fish can't imagine an incident like the Azana Salon and Spa shooting happening at their salon in Wales.
"How sad to have something like that happen," said Boesel. "When something like this happens, it makes everybody stop dead in their tracks. Working in a salon atmosphere you become friends and get to know these people (clients) … Almost everyone has been touched with situations similar to this."
As the owners watched the reaction to the shootings in Brookfield, everyone seemed to be doing something for the families involved in the shootings, "which is wonderful," said Boesel, but they wanted to do something different.
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 eight stylists are volunteering their time at Nu Attitude, 130 Highway 18, Wales, to provide haircuts (no styling) for $20 with all proceeds going to The Women's Center in Waukesha in memory of the women from Azana Salon and Spa. Additionally, chair massages will be provided for $10.
While the fundraiser will last only one day, Nu Attitude will continue to accept money donations (checks made out to The Women's Center) and donations of toys, games, diapers, and pajamas, for the children, as well as pajamas for women, through Dec. 22, which will be taken to The Women's Center.
Boesel recommends making an appointment for a haircut during the fundraiser by calling (262) 968-9753 but walk-ins are welcome. Refreshments will be provided for patrons to enjoy while they wait.
Boesel and Fish have never held a fundraiser like this before, but hope it goes well so they can "do something like this every year, Boesel said.
- Kettle Moraine students move from tasks to experiences
- Dousman woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Pre-order native plants for Retzer's spring sale
- Citations pending in four zoning violations in town of Ottawa
- Kettle Moraine students send Valentine's Day wishes
- Delafield okays new restaurant liquor license
- Wales on the look out for coyotes following a sighting in the village
- The Kettle Moraine Education Foundation' trivia night is learning without boundaries for all
- St. Paul School in Genesee Depot ready to offer a 3-K program in 2015-16
- KM Explore's annual spaghetti dinner is on February 20th