Nu Attitude brings attitude of helping The Women's Center
Fundraiser Sunday in honor of Azana victims
Village of Wales - Nu Attitude Salon and Spa owners Dawn Boesel and Pam Fish can't imagine an incident like the Azana Salon and Spa shooting happening at their salon in Wales.
"How sad to have something like that happen," said Boesel. "When something like this happens, it makes everybody stop dead in their tracks. Working in a salon atmosphere you become friends and get to know these people (clients) … Almost everyone has been touched with situations similar to this."
As the owners watched the reaction to the shootings in Brookfield, everyone seemed to be doing something for the families involved in the shootings, "which is wonderful," said Boesel, but they wanted to do something different.
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 eight stylists are volunteering their time at Nu Attitude, 130 Highway 18, Wales, to provide haircuts (no styling) for $20 with all proceeds going to The Women's Center in Waukesha in memory of the women from Azana Salon and Spa. Additionally, chair massages will be provided for $10.
While the fundraiser will last only one day, Nu Attitude will continue to accept money donations (checks made out to The Women's Center) and donations of toys, games, diapers, and pajamas, for the children, as well as pajamas for women, through Dec. 22, which will be taken to The Women's Center.
Boesel recommends making an appointment for a haircut during the fundraiser by calling (262) 968-9753 but walk-ins are welcome. Refreshments will be provided for patrons to enjoy while they wait.
Boesel and Fish have never held a fundraiser like this before, but hope it goes well so they can "do something like this every year, Boesel said.
- Village of Summit residents will have small uptick in taxes
- Fire department changes mean lower budget in North Prairie, but levy will increase because of drop in assessed value
- Police release victim's name in fatal village of Summit crash
- Kettle Moraine School District enjoys lower tax rate for 14-15: Kettle Moraine district enjoys lower tax rate for 14-15
- Andrew Lemke of Dousman killed in car wreck
- Preps Alcove: With season on line, coaches going for it all
- Kettle Moraine school board member relocates, opens spot for interim member
- Kettle Moraine School District earns three awards for communication
- Town of Ottawa expected to adopt 2015 budget
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic