Residents step up in food drive
Helped by an increase in the number of donors and the size of the giving, especially from Pewaukee, Yule Feed Families this past week nearly doubled the giving from the two weeks prior, but has a long way to go to catch the record year of 2011.
This year, including the match given by sponsors Lake Country Reporter and Lake Country Rotary, so far $19,839.10 has been collected for the four benefiting food pantries, North Lake, Hartland, Pewaukee and Kettle Moraine.
There is only one week left in the drive, which expires at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 20, and Yule Feed Families would need to increase more than four fold to equal last year's unprecedented giving level. There is still time to send or bring your donations or grocery contributions to Lake Country Publications, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Hartland, WI.
This past week a total of $9,549.10 was brought in by the community with Mike White of Rapco Fleet Support in Hartland leading all giving with a check for $5,000.
Most notably, it was a big week for Pewaukee. Pewaukee Kiwanis Club led the charge with a check for $2,000. Queen of Apostles Church congregation gave $764.10, Pewaukee Rotary Club, which contributed $500, Beatrice Edgette on behalf of Kirkland Crossing Offering in Pewaukee, turned in a check for $300.
Plus there was an anonymous Hartland giver who wrote a check for $200 and Richard and Denise Ryan of Hartland contributed $150 in memory of Rich Ryan. Karen McCormick of Delafield gave 35 grocery items.
All giving large and small is welcome. As part of the drive, the newspaper and Rotary Club, up to $2,000 each, have agreed to match all the monetary donations at a rate of 70 cents per $1 given and groceries at 40 cents per item. Due to the strong level of giving so far, that match has been fulfilled.
Checks should be made out to Lake Country Foundation or one of the individual food pantries in order to be tax deductible. (Please do not make checks out to Yule Feed Families.)
- Kettle Moraine High School's focus remains on literacy
- Three pillar residents craft for a cause
- Highway 18/83 intersection in Wales will close for roadwork next week
- Google Classroom rolls through Kettle Moraine schools
- Sidewalks, bridge railing will be installed along Highway 83 in Wales: Sidewalks, bridge railing up next
- Wales News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Dousman-Ottawa News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Kettle Moraine Index News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Delafield-Nashotah News: Oct. 16, 2014
- Kettle Moraine Chronicle News: Oct. 16, 2014