It's a common phrase around Wisconsin: There are two seasons, winter and road construction. This summer, several local municipalities are planning major or minor projects. Here are the details you need to know about your local roads.
City of Delafield - 3
About $205,000 will be spent on a series of road repair projects in the city of Delafield.
They include Oakwood Road and Stone Drive to near Timber Oak Circle.
Also, Jaeckles Drive from Wisconsin Avenue to the city limits and Village Court from Wisconsin Avenue to Termini.
There will be spot repairs of pavement along Main Street along with brick paver crosswalk repair at Genesee and Main streets and brick paver crosswalk repair at Milwaukee and Canal streets
Town of Delafield - 4
There are two major projects slated for 2014. Bids have not yet been received on widening and resurfacing of about a mile of Cushing Park Road and resurfacing about a mile of Hillcrest Drive as well as replacing a culvert.
Village of Dousman - 5
The village will focus on its Main Street project this summer. The road will be open for businesses but not to through traffic. Look for updates in the Kettle Moraine Index.
Town of Genesee - 7
The town will tackle large road projects this summer. Highway DT will have a slag seal, be pulverized and paved. That project will be close Highway DT for approximately one week and residents are encouraged to detour along Highway TT.
Longacre, Woodfern and McAllister and Esser Court will also be pulverized and paved and Field Crossing will receive an overlay. Detours are not expected.
The projects are scheduled for May, June and July and are currently weather dependent. The total cost of the projects is expected to come in at $404,973.
Village of North Prairie - 8
The village will complete two major road projects this summer. Harrison Street from Highway 59 to the railroad tracks will be repaved and the sidewalk will be replaced. The other project will take place from North Oakridge Drive from Highway 59 to Highway 59 in the Industrial Park. It will be repaved.
The Harrison Street project is estimated to cost $103,400 and the North Oakridge Drive project is projected to cost $220,900. According to Village Clerk Rhoda Bagley, the village hopes to move the projects along as soon as the contracts are awarded. No detours are expected.
Town of Ottawa
Town Clerk Melissa Klein said there is no planned road construction for the town at this time.
Village of Summit
No projects are planned.
Village of Wales - 9
The village has nothing scheduled but the state is doing a major project on Highway 83, reconstructing it to four lanes and adding two roundabouts at Highways E and 18. The work is expected to be completed in November. The $9 million, 3.1-mile project begins at Perkins Road in the town of Genesee and ends at the southern intersection of Glacier Pass and Highway 83, in the Town of Delafield. Read the Index for weekly updates.
- Learning without Boundaries, Nov. 26, 2015: Dousman Elementary families enjoy a cardboard challenge
- Judge: prison for woman who stole $21,000 from bank customers, climbed through ceiling for drugs
- Dousman residents to see tax hike due to Main Street project
- Summit homeowners see slight increase in taxes
- Westbrook Church apartment project could face hurdles in Delafield
- Communities react to Farrow's shared fire/EMS service idea across Waukesha County (1)
- Dewberry leaving Family Promises of Western Waukesha County after more than two years of service
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Wales Elementary FLL team talks trash — how to reduce trash
- Learning without Boundaries, Nov. 19, 2015: Kettle Moraine High School of Health Sciences students learn from experiences in community