The Kettle Moraine Education Foundation (KMEF) is hosting its third annual Trivia Night at the high school the evening of March 16. Quickly becoming the highlight of the year for competitive and amateur trivia buffs alike, this event has raised more than $20,000 during the past two years.
Funds raised have gone directly to benefit children participating in wrestling, the Academic Decathlon team, boys and girls hockey, the Wales Elementary WETV program, elementary and middle school Lego team kits, baseball, volleyball, the Model United Nations Team and more.
Nearly 50 teams of eight contestants including high school students, parents and community members have competed each year in Trivia fun, exciting raffles and games all to help support students. For more information and to register, visit www.kmsd.edu/trivianight.
Raise the Volume
The foundation also completed another large project this year in coordination with KM Music Parents Association and the KMEF Fine Arts Fund, raising $77,000 to complete the Raise the Volume auditorium sound system renovation project.
The auditorium is a community centerpiece with performances throughout the year by students at all grade levels, including drama plays and music concerts. The new system will allow students to showcase their incredible talents with a sound system.
Taking an exciting step to expand KM's standing in the community, KMEF made the decision to align with the Waukesha County Community Foundation opening a charitable investment with them. KMEF activated funds that were previously stagnant in the checking account. With market appreciation, the account has grown more than $2,000 this year. KM's association with Waukesha County Community Fund will increase the visibility of KMEF creating a stronger presence in the county and Southeastern Wisconsin.
- Learning without Boundaries, Nov. 26, 2015: Dousman Elementary families enjoy a cardboard challenge
- Judge: prison for woman who stole $21,000 from bank customers, climbed through ceiling for drugs
- Dousman residents to see tax hike due to Main Street project
- Summit homeowners see slight increase in taxes
- Westbrook Church apartment project could face hurdles in Delafield
- Communities react to Farrow's shared fire/EMS service idea across Waukesha County (1)
- Dewberry leaving Family Promises of Western Waukesha County after more than two years of service
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Wales Elementary FLL team talks trash — how to reduce trash
- Learning without Boundaries, Nov. 19, 2015: Kettle Moraine High School of Health Sciences students learn from experiences in community