Paper sponsors holiday recipe contest
Lake Country Publications (LCP) is hosting its first holiday recipe contest, open to Lake Country residents, through Thursday, Nov. 11. We're looking for holiday cake, cupcake, cookie and pie recipes, so dig through those old cookbooks, call your mom or grandma or just start experimenting and let the baking begin for a chance at winning a prize. The more original your recipe, the better!
There will be three winners for each category; the top recipe in each class will receive a $50 gift certificate to Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly. Second place will receive a $25 gift certificate. Third place will be awarded a one-year gift subscription to the Lake Country Publications newspaper of your choice.
The top three recipes in each category will be published along with a photo of the contest winner in holiday Cook's Corner columns in November.
• One recipe per entrant per category (may enter in each category).
• Ingredients should be listed in order of use, and preparation directions should be clear and complete.
• Entrants must bring their entries; cookies (2 dozen), cakes (2) or cupcakes (2 dozen), pies (2), clearly marked with their name and contact information, to the Lake Country Publications office, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Cardinal Lane, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Nov. 8-11. Containers will not be returned.
• Entrants must also bring a readable printout of the recipe; may also be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, daytime phone number and e-mail with entry.
• Entries should be festive and special in some way suitable to the holiday; consider decorations, treatment, flavors or ingredients.
• Entries will be judged by LCP staff, a celebrity judge and one mystery judge, on taste, appearance, originality, ease of preparation, appropriateness to holiday and overall appeal.
If you would like to enter to be this year's mystery judge, tell us in 100 words or less why you're uniquely qualified to help us pick the winning recipes. Send to email@example.com by Friday, Nov. 5; must be free to judge in the LCP offices on Friday, Nov. 12.
- North Lake commissioners discuss reducing daily fish limits, marking sand bars
- Loaf & Jug Restaurant moving from Brookfield to Pewaukee
- Strategic vision forum members sought by Kettle Moraine School District
- Area businessman offers to finance plan to shore up Pewaukee Lake's Bill Brown Island
- Pewaukee Village Board votes to create finance director-treasurer position
- Hartland Fire Department open house on tap Oct. 10
- Pewaukee's Horizon Elementary School holding grand opening of new space Thursday
- Hartland-Lakeside/Merton joint school board meeting to address merger questions
- Hartland Marsh cleanup effort continues, but future uncertain
- Website earns three national honors