Paper sponsors holiday recipe contest
Lake Country Publications (LCP) is hosting its first holiday recipe contest, open to Lake Country residents, through Thursday, Nov. 11. We're looking for holiday cake, cupcake, cookie and pie recipes, so dig through those old cookbooks, call your mom or grandma or just start experimenting and let the baking begin for a chance at winning a prize. The more original your recipe, the better!
There will be three winners for each category; the top recipe in each class will receive a $50 gift certificate to Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly. Second place will receive a $25 gift certificate. Third place will be awarded a one-year gift subscription to the Lake Country Publications newspaper of your choice.
The top three recipes in each category will be published along with a photo of the contest winner in holiday Cook's Corner columns in November.
• One recipe per entrant per category (may enter in each category).
• Ingredients should be listed in order of use, and preparation directions should be clear and complete.
• Entrants must bring their entries; cookies (2 dozen), cakes (2) or cupcakes (2 dozen), pies (2), clearly marked with their name and contact information, to the Lake Country Publications office, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Cardinal Lane, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Nov. 8-11. Containers will not be returned.
• Entrants must also bring a readable printout of the recipe; may also be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, daytime phone number and e-mail with entry.
• Entries should be festive and special in some way suitable to the holiday; consider decorations, treatment, flavors or ingredients.
• Entries will be judged by LCP staff, a celebrity judge and one mystery judge, on taste, appearance, originality, ease of preparation, appropriateness to holiday and overall appeal.
If you would like to enter to be this year's mystery judge, tell us in 100 words or less why you're uniquely qualified to help us pick the winning recipes. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Nov. 5; must be free to judge in the LCP offices on Friday, Nov. 12.
- Village of Pewaukee meets with city of Pewaukee over fire services funding
- WCTC signs transfer agreement with UW-Waukesha
- Board to vote on Merton and North Lake fire merger
- Library board loses court decision
- Delafield Sentry scores a touchdown with 'boo hoo' Packer cakes
- Lake County School adds open enrollment slots
- Five concerns about Hartland's new waste collection service
- In brief: Spelling bee, school workshop, open house
- In brief: Local Peace Corps volunteer
- In brief: ULS blood drive