Paper sponsors holiday recipe contest
Lake Country Publications (LCP) is hosting its first holiday recipe contest, open to Lake Country residents, through Thursday, Nov. 11. We're looking for holiday cake, cupcake, cookie and pie recipes, so dig through those old cookbooks, call your mom or grandma or just start experimenting and let the baking begin for a chance at winning a prize. The more original your recipe, the better!
There will be three winners for each category; the top recipe in each class will receive a $50 gift certificate to Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly. Second place will receive a $25 gift certificate. Third place will be awarded a one-year gift subscription to the Lake Country Publications newspaper of your choice.
The top three recipes in each category will be published along with a photo of the contest winner in holiday Cook's Corner columns in November.
• One recipe per entrant per category (may enter in each category).
• Ingredients should be listed in order of use, and preparation directions should be clear and complete.
• Entrants must bring their entries; cookies (2 dozen), cakes (2) or cupcakes (2 dozen), pies (2), clearly marked with their name and contact information, to the Lake Country Publications office, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Cardinal Lane, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Nov. 8-11. Containers will not be returned.
• Entrants must also bring a readable printout of the recipe; may also be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, daytime phone number and e-mail with entry.
• Entries should be festive and special in some way suitable to the holiday; consider decorations, treatment, flavors or ingredients.
• Entries will be judged by LCP staff, a celebrity judge and one mystery judge, on taste, appearance, originality, ease of preparation, appropriateness to holiday and overall appeal.
If you would like to enter to be this year's mystery judge, tell us in 100 words or less why you're uniquely qualified to help us pick the winning recipes. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Nov. 5; must be free to judge in the LCP offices on Friday, Nov. 12.
- In Brief: Council approves preliminary plans for memory care facility
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 99 Voter's Guide
- Help us honor veterans
- Levy increase would allow Chenequa residents to keep 'nonessential' services
- Village administrator: Proposed apartment project in Hartland would be most significant development village has ever seen
- Hartland Chamber hosts annual business trick-or-treat
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor