I-94/Highway P construction begins this week
Construction began Monday on reconstruction of the Sawyer Road/Highway P interchange with I-94. The project will include improvements to about a half-mile of I-94 in each direction, reconstruction of the bridges over Highway P and four roundabouts. The project will add a full-diamond interchange at Highway P, which will serve as a connection to Pabst Farms. Construction will run through November.
The project will be done in three stages. The first stage, beginning now through April, will involve switching traffic to the westbound side of I-94. There will be no lane reductions on I-94; traffic will just be switched to one side, maintaining two lanes in each direction.
During Stage 2, which will occur between April and July, work will be done on the eastbound side of I-94, including rebuilding the bridge over Highway P. Work will also be done on the roadways south of I-94, which include Highways P, DR, the eastbound on-ramp and construction of an eastbound off-ramp. Detours will be on Highways 18, 67 and B, as Highway P south of I-94 will be closed as well as DR west of P and the eastbound I-94 on-ramp.
Stage 3 is set to occur from August to November and includes reconstruction of the westbound side of I-94, including the bridge at Highway P. Work will also be done on the roadways north of I-94, which include Highways P, DR, the westbound off-ramp and construction of a westbound on-ramp. During stages 2 and 3, Highways P and DR will be closed to through traffic, and detours will be in place.
There might be lane restrictions on I-94 during off-peak hours throughout the project, and the existing ramps will be closed at various stages.
- Cushing medal may be displayed in city
- Former American TV site in Pewaukee to house electric go-cart tracks
- Remodeling to manufacturing program at Arrowhead planned
- Hartland church donates nearly 10,000 gift boxes to national charity
- 'Tis the season to be jolly and fit
- Lake Country School becomes a school forest
- Local Hindu worshippers celebrate Christmas
- Pewaukee blood donor wins trip to Packer game
- Lisbon hires Brown Deer administrator
- Food drive way behind last year