I-94/Highway P construction begins this week
Construction began Monday on reconstruction of the Sawyer Road/Highway P interchange with I-94. The project will include improvements to about a half-mile of I-94 in each direction, reconstruction of the bridges over Highway P and four roundabouts. The project will add a full-diamond interchange at Highway P, which will serve as a connection to Pabst Farms. Construction will run through November.
The project will be done in three stages. The first stage, beginning now through April, will involve switching traffic to the westbound side of I-94. There will be no lane reductions on I-94; traffic will just be switched to one side, maintaining two lanes in each direction.
During Stage 2, which will occur between April and July, work will be done on the eastbound side of I-94, including rebuilding the bridge over Highway P. Work will also be done on the roadways south of I-94, which include Highways P, DR, the eastbound on-ramp and construction of an eastbound off-ramp. Detours will be on Highways 18, 67 and B, as Highway P south of I-94 will be closed as well as DR west of P and the eastbound I-94 on-ramp.
Stage 3 is set to occur from August to November and includes reconstruction of the westbound side of I-94, including the bridge at Highway P. Work will also be done on the roadways north of I-94, which include Highways P, DR, the westbound off-ramp and construction of a westbound on-ramp. During stages 2 and 3, Highways P and DR will be closed to through traffic, and detours will be in place.
There might be lane restrictions on I-94 during off-peak hours throughout the project, and the existing ramps will be closed at various stages.
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor
- In brief: grand reopening for Realty Executives Integrity
- Anniversaries: Oct. 21, 2014
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- History unfolds as Hawks Inn's quilts are added to national database
- Get your scare on at Fright Hike
- Election 2014: State Senate District 33 Voter's Guide