I-94/Highway P construction begins this week
Construction began Monday on reconstruction of the Sawyer Road/Highway P interchange with I-94. The project will include improvements to about a half-mile of I-94 in each direction, reconstruction of the bridges over Highway P and four roundabouts. The project will add a full-diamond interchange at Highway P, which will serve as a connection to Pabst Farms. Construction will run through November.
The project will be done in three stages. The first stage, beginning now through April, will involve switching traffic to the westbound side of I-94. There will be no lane reductions on I-94; traffic will just be switched to one side, maintaining two lanes in each direction.
During Stage 2, which will occur between April and July, work will be done on the eastbound side of I-94, including rebuilding the bridge over Highway P. Work will also be done on the roadways south of I-94, which include Highways P, DR, the eastbound on-ramp and construction of an eastbound off-ramp. Detours will be on Highways 18, 67 and B, as Highway P south of I-94 will be closed as well as DR west of P and the eastbound I-94 on-ramp.
Stage 3 is set to occur from August to November and includes reconstruction of the westbound side of I-94, including the bridge at Highway P. Work will also be done on the roadways north of I-94, which include Highways P, DR, the westbound off-ramp and construction of a westbound on-ramp. During stages 2 and 3, Highways P and DR will be closed to through traffic, and detours will be in place.
There might be lane restrictions on I-94 during off-peak hours throughout the project, and the existing ramps will be closed at various stages.
- Reel World: 'Unfriended' has too many glitches despite promise
- Lisbon exploring dog park options
- AHS robotics team heads to championship in St. Louis
- Springdale Road project has issues
- Pewaukee planners pave way for new development
- After 50 years of service, Hartland trustee still looking to give back
- Two injured, one seriously, in two-car head-on collision in Lisbon
- Former Bob Lang aide interested in buying Delafield Hotel
- Town of Delafield to hold open house on new town hall
- Lake Country death notices, April 16, 2015: Neff