Arrowhead eyes walkway, parking for ice center
More parking and a new walkway may be in the works for the Mullett Ice Center.
"This is one of the more critical issues for us - the safety of the students going to and from the facilities," said Arrowhead Schools Superintendent Craig Jefson. District officials met last Wednesday to discuss both student and community needs for the center.
The Howard G. Mullett Ice Center hosts boys high school hockey, girls high school hockey, physical education classes, youth hockey, adult hockey, learn-to-skate lessons, school outings, figure skating and public skating sessions. Jefson said that it's clear they need to think about parking, walkways, lights and signs for the Mullett Ice Center so students, youth and other members of the community can access the building safely.
These ideas will be conceptualized by designers, the School Board and local officials before they are ready to be presented at a public hearing. With the Mullett family's help, they're taking these ideas to the designers to get the process started.
"The level of community support we have makes us unique, and we're very fortunate to have families like the Mullett families here," Jefson said.
- Cushing medal may be displayed in city
- Former American TV site in Pewaukee to house electric go-cart tracks
- Remodeling to manufacturing program at Arrowhead planned
- Hartland church donates nearly 10,000 gift boxes to national charity
- 'Tis the season to be jolly and fit
- Lake Country School becomes a school forest
- Local Hindu worshippers celebrate Christmas
- Pewaukee blood donor wins trip to Packer game
- Lisbon hires Brown Deer administrator
- Food drive way behind last year