Arrowhead eyes walkway, parking for ice center
More parking and a new walkway may be in the works for the Mullett Ice Center.
"This is one of the more critical issues for us - the safety of the students going to and from the facilities," said Arrowhead Schools Superintendent Craig Jefson. District officials met last Wednesday to discuss both student and community needs for the center.
The Howard G. Mullett Ice Center hosts boys high school hockey, girls high school hockey, physical education classes, youth hockey, adult hockey, learn-to-skate lessons, school outings, figure skating and public skating sessions. Jefson said that it's clear they need to think about parking, walkways, lights and signs for the Mullett Ice Center so students, youth and other members of the community can access the building safely.
These ideas will be conceptualized by designers, the School Board and local officials before they are ready to be presented at a public hearing. With the Mullett family's help, they're taking these ideas to the designers to get the process started.
"The level of community support we have makes us unique, and we're very fortunate to have families like the Mullett families here," Jefson said.
- Hartland still owed $20,000 for chimney swift tower project; fundraising efforts continue
- Pewaukee police chief favors proposal to stiffen penalties for school shooting threats
- Arrowhead hires financial adviser, plans community survey on referendum idea
- Haass library wins court decision
- Kids get taste of snowmobile fun
- Local Piggly Wiggly Sausage King named 'master meat crafter'
- Concert to honor former AHS band director Gib Weigel
- 'Boxcar bridge' one of the designs proposed for Pewaukee's pedestrian bridge
- Merton Primary, Pewaukee Lake Elementary named Title I Schools of Recognition
- Multiple crashes on eastbound Hwy. 16 near Hartland (3)