Arrowhead eyes walkway, parking for ice center
More parking and a new walkway may be in the works for the Mullett Ice Center.
"This is one of the more critical issues for us - the safety of the students going to and from the facilities," said Arrowhead Schools Superintendent Craig Jefson. District officials met last Wednesday to discuss both student and community needs for the center.
The Howard G. Mullett Ice Center hosts boys high school hockey, girls high school hockey, physical education classes, youth hockey, adult hockey, learn-to-skate lessons, school outings, figure skating and public skating sessions. Jefson said that it's clear they need to think about parking, walkways, lights and signs for the Mullett Ice Center so students, youth and other members of the community can access the building safely.
These ideas will be conceptualized by designers, the School Board and local officials before they are ready to be presented at a public hearing. With the Mullett family's help, they're taking these ideas to the designers to get the process started.
"The level of community support we have makes us unique, and we're very fortunate to have families like the Mullett families here," Jefson said.
- GoFundMe page set up for Pewaukee girl critically injured in crash
- Habitat for Humanity still wants affordable housing in Hartland (1)
- How well would you do on a practice written driving test?
- Missing Hartland teen found in Milwaukee
- Delafield cop, citizens honored
- Waukesha County Parks leader retires, leaving 25-year legacy
- Our Fair Ladies: Our list of this year's tastiest foods at the 2016 Waukesha County Fair (1)
- Pewaukee girl remains in critical condition after car-bike collision
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect