Arrowhead eyes walkway, parking for ice center
More parking and a new walkway may be in the works for the Mullett Ice Center.
"This is one of the more critical issues for us - the safety of the students going to and from the facilities," said Arrowhead Schools Superintendent Craig Jefson. District officials met last Wednesday to discuss both student and community needs for the center.
The Howard G. Mullett Ice Center hosts boys high school hockey, girls high school hockey, physical education classes, youth hockey, adult hockey, learn-to-skate lessons, school outings, figure skating and public skating sessions. Jefson said that it's clear they need to think about parking, walkways, lights and signs for the Mullett Ice Center so students, youth and other members of the community can access the building safely.
These ideas will be conceptualized by designers, the School Board and local officials before they are ready to be presented at a public hearing. With the Mullett family's help, they're taking these ideas to the designers to get the process started.
"The level of community support we have makes us unique, and we're very fortunate to have families like the Mullett families here," Jefson said.
- Waukesha County ranked among top 15 healthiest counties in Wisconsin
- Village Square senior living hearing delayed
- Tech Day connects generations
- Lake Country Fire and Rescue interim chief Kevin Keith wins praise from Delafield Mayor Michele DeYo
- No slowing down for Pewaukee resident Roy Schneider
- Pewaukee business owner offers reward for return of stolen computers
- Horizon School addition approved by village of Pewaukee Plan Commission
- Proposed Hartland memory care facility again receives board approval
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'
- Hartland board extends deadline for vote on Sanctuary walking path