Arrowhead eyes walkway, parking for ice center
More parking and a new walkway may be in the works for the Mullett Ice Center.
"This is one of the more critical issues for us - the safety of the students going to and from the facilities," said Arrowhead Schools Superintendent Craig Jefson. District officials met last Wednesday to discuss both student and community needs for the center.
The Howard G. Mullett Ice Center hosts boys high school hockey, girls high school hockey, physical education classes, youth hockey, adult hockey, learn-to-skate lessons, school outings, figure skating and public skating sessions. Jefson said that it's clear they need to think about parking, walkways, lights and signs for the Mullett Ice Center so students, youth and other members of the community can access the building safely.
These ideas will be conceptualized by designers, the School Board and local officials before they are ready to be presented at a public hearing. With the Mullett family's help, they're taking these ideas to the designers to get the process started.
"The level of community support we have makes us unique, and we're very fortunate to have families like the Mullett families here," Jefson said.
- Delafield expect to use reserves to lower new tax levy
- Delafield garbage decision may be delayed
- Integrated Manufacturing Center at Waukesha County Technical College moves forward, despite missing fundraising goal
- Pewaukee High School students provide extra help during elections
- Soccer could move indoors in Hartland with village approval of Strike FC plan
- Pewaukee residents may drop off drugs daily, with installation of new dropoff box at village hall
- More propane should be available this winter
- In Brief: Council approves preliminary plans for memory care facility
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 99 Voter's Guide
- Help us honor veterans